11.17.2007

On the Water and Throwing Showers

My cousin Cheryl told me as we came home from San Jose, that she wanted to go in our boat and enjoy the lake some weekend. So, last weekend we took off and went to Diamond Valley (a favorite fishing lake) for some R&R. Let me tell you it was awesome to have her there even just to give me someone to talk to and to keep a rein on the boys. Bryan appreciated it as well because it gave him more time to fish. Ethan was really interested in fishing this time, even though all he had was a weight on his Nemo pole. But really, he doesn't need to know...

Relaxing on Cheryl. Austin falls asleep faster when the boat is bouncing and going at top speed. The bumpier the better!

We couldn't pry this pole out of his hands during the day. He even joined Daddy up front to fish for the big ones. He was intent.

Some fun pics throughout the day. It was a little chilly on the lake so we dressed warm. Nothing like coziness on the water. That's the life.

The two fishermen.

I threw a shower for my sister, Riva and found this awesome, easy cake recipe for Pumpkin Cream Cake. As you can see, I realized I had more whipped cream than I realized and the layers get thicker as it goes up. But I had to show my creation online. I was proud of my first layer cake. It tasted good too! It even tasted good the second day around.

If this isn't the cutest pictures of my dad and my friend Talitha's daughter, Ellia. He popped his head in to say hi to our friends and she sat on his lap so quickly. She was loving dad. He has that effect on little kids...especially little girls. I guess he's had the practice with me and my sis. They know who loves them!! We had a fun time at the shower and I'm so thankful that our friends were able to come and participate.

1 comment:

Reka Pica said...

Hey cara its me Laura thanks for calling today it meant so much I actually just posted a blog and changed it up a bit ck it out its rekazhang.blogspot.com on the right you can click on the myspace word and it will take you to myspace page. will take care oh and the stain remover i was telling you about is called incredible yes thats the name of it. Love ya and God Bless Laura