Despite the downpour all over Southern California this week, I decided that it was time to visit my alma mater, good old Whittier Christian High School. My friend Bobby caught up with me on Facebook and invited me there since he's been working there for a little while. It was the perfect time to go say hi to old teachers and advisors since all the kids were doing finals that day. It was amazing to go back there after almost 16 years of being absent and see what's been done on the campus. Can I just say school spirit?? I mean the place has WCHS engraved everywhere! They have a new gym, a softball field, new computer lab, etc. It was pretty amazing and when I entered the campus, memories came flooding back to me.
I had to get a picture of me and the boys by something under cover that said WCHS. A trash can was the nearest thing. I don't think Ethan believed that it was mommy's old school. I don't think he even thinks I ever went to school - but at this age he could care less. All they wanted to do was chase each other around, throw leaves and get wet. It was hard to keep them quiet around the classrooms while the kids were taking tests. I had such a fun time talking to these sweet teachers and people from my past. Good times!
No comments:
Post a Comment