As I visited my sister this morning, we were both saddened to hear the news that my cousin's husband, Ben, has been re-diagnosed with the same rare cancer that he overcame several years ago. My heart breaks for him and for Lisa, my cousin. He just this year got an amazing job in Colorado working for a missions organization and is doing what he loves to do. Why does this happen? None of us can even know or comprehend why these things happen. I ask for all of you to keep Lisa and Ben in their prayers as they begin this cancer journey together again.
I was talking to my mom this morning as well, and she brought up the fact that my dad is speaking to their class on James 1. Starting in verse 2 it says, "Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing. But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all men generously and without reproach, and it will be given to him."
Just yesterday I realized, again, how fragile life can be. As I was watching Ethan swim in a friend's pool, he fell off of a boogie board into water that was above his head. Since I haven't given my kids swimming lessons yet (being as how they don't swim very much) he couldn't get his head above water. I jumped in, fully clothed, to rescue him out of the pool. Whew. I thank God that I was there and it wasn't worse. I could have lost a child yesterday. Life is so precious. I have learned that this year throughout all my physical ailments, unknowns, and surgery. I struggle sometimes to trust God as I'm walking through those valleys. A close loved one asked me recently, "How do I fully trust God and how can I KNOW that I'm fully trusting God through these hard times?" I am not the expert and I have no perfect answer, but all I know is that I have my days of sin and doubt where I want to control everything, but then there are the days (or even hours) of perfect peace when I surrender my fears. I know my Saviour lives.
1 comment:
Well said, Cara. I love you..
Post a Comment