A few weeks ago we went to the Angel's game against Oakland because Ethan kept talking about how he wanted to go to Angel's stadium. It was SUPER hot and humid...OH MY....but we tried to keep a good attitude after getting there an hour early so we wouldn't have to rush. My GOODNESS we were burning up there. We bought the boys these bouncy Angel balls (since they have SOOO many other balls and baseballs) that they tossed back and forth with their gloves.
By the time they were done throwing their balls back and forth for about 10 minutes, they were already red and sweaty. Now for the $5.50 drink and $10 personal pizza!!
Here was our view. We had sort of given up looking for tickets when I discovered Stubhub.com. You can get discounted tickets from people who have them and want to sell them. I got us a good deal and we were row B so we could see pretty well (except for the fact that I forgot on the 1st base side is where everyone gets to watch the sun set). Once that went down, it was easier to see.
After the game came the fireworks and the boys eagerly wanted to see them. We stayed out way past bedtime, but they were so happy. We have been potty training Austin (who is learning VERY quickly) and I kept asking if he needed to go before the fireworks. "No" was always the answer and against my mommy intuition, I didn't push it. Sure enough, as the lights are fading to start the fireworks, he says he has to go. Bryan had to pick him up and run there and back so he wouldn't miss what he was looking forward to for the last couple hours during the game (after I informed him that no, he wouldn't get a turn to bat). The show was worth waiting for!!
I bought bunk beds back when Ethan was 18 months old, thinking that some day we'd bunk our kids together. Well, that day came last week when we decided it would be fun to have a play room and a sleeping room. It lasted all of 4 days. They cannot sleep in the same room (too much chatter) and they BOTH still need naps. SO....we moved Ethan back into his bedroom, but reorganized the furniture to make it a little different.
One of the big things I've been doing this past week is organizing my entire house!!! It started when I knew I needed to clear out Austin's closet with all his outgrown clothes to give to a charity that was driving by this next Thursday. After that I completely reorganized ALL their toys, my closet, the bedrooms, and above the garage (THAT was hot). I went through my memorabilia, our camping stuff, my clothes, etc. and now we have BAGS to donate. They are going to think that we're moving or something. It feels so good to purge old stuff out that isn't being used or wanted. I'm also redecorating our bedroom (just the walls) to accomodate Bryan's new Master's diploma!!
During all the organization, Austin decided he wanted to try out my old violin. Now I haven't played this in YEARS (can't you tell by the hanging bow hairs?) and it was nostalgic for me to sit there and play it. Austin had a ball doing it, but mostly wanted to play it like a guitar (since that's his favorite instrument these days). I'm surprised my strings aren't popping off.
THEN came Gramps' birthday. We all gathered (Uncle Dannie included) at mom and dad's place and celebrated my dad's birthday. As you can see all the kids wanted in on the 'opening presents' action. We had to keep reminding them that it was Gramps' birthday, not theirs.
My Uncle Dannie stayed with us a couple nights and the boys were in heaven. They were asking when he was coming before they went down for naps the day he came. They just got new swords and were attacking Dannie with them, but they underestimated the pillow that appeared to thwart their attempts. They have so much fun with him and it's always nice to have him stay with us during his business travels in the area (not to mention he made his biggest sale the day he came over to our house....we're so proud).
We went to sushi with him at a new place that we just discovered. It has the BEST baked sushi ever!! If you aren't a 'raw' person, the baked sushi at this place is SOOOO good. It is even better than the raw stuff, even though that's good too. Austin wanted to try an edamame, but decided against it after realizing it was green.....at least that's my take on it.
Ethan was sort of getting the hang of it...with his french fries from McDonald's. My kids are not sushi eaters, so we got yogurt and nuggets to go along with our fish. It works.... Next job.....taking down the workout system and putting it in the attic so we can have play room. THAT will be a job. Of course that will be after our camping trip this weekend to Morro Bay with all Bryan's cousins and his grandparents. I can't WAIT!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment