I never thought it would take so much work (and phone time) to find the Long Beach Aquarium. As I buckled the kids into the car, I thought, "No, I don't really need directions - I know how to get to Long Beach and I should be able to find it from there....I am NOT taking everyone out of the car, turning on my computer upstairs and locating the Aquarium." Bad choice. I had to be guided by dad over the phone from 7th street to the aquarium - hey at least I was in Long Beach, right? Well, that started a fun get-away with Gram and Gramps and all the grandkids loved it. (Riva, however, discovered that someone in the aquarium loved her sunglasses as much as she did and took them off her stroller while we were in the restaurant.....that's a little angering if you ask me). So here's some pictures of our fun day.

Ethan at the touch pool for "Mr. Ray" and the small harmless sharks. Did you know that shark skin is made up of little tiny teeth? Don't ask me the technical term, but I learned that while I observed the "harmful" sharks.

Gram and Gramps and all the grandkids. The kids were spoiled that day. What a treat to spend the day together before Mikayla goes to school - and Ethan goes to Preschool - YAY!! I'm so excited for him. He's excited too which is cool. Tyler sticks to Ethan like glue and it's cute how they've gotten close. I'm sure Austin will be hanging with the big boys soon.

We were observing the sharks I think. Austin didn't want to take a picture, so Riva took one of me and Ethan, then a quick surprise one. This one got both boys doing what they did all day - observing, climbing, and clinging onto their aquarium books like they were made of gold.

On Saturday we headed down to San Diego to see Bryan's grandparents, his Great Aunt and Uncle and his parents. It was a family get-together and we managed to jump in on the action last minute. We always love going down there and seeing family and having that much family there was a bonus! Bryan didn't want me taking his picture, but I managed to coerce him into getting this handsome picture. Isn't he cute?

Pretty much what all of us adults did all day was watch Ethan and Austin play baseball. No- really. They were at it all day. Bryan pitched, Bud pitched, Skip was outfield, then Terri was outfield. I didn't rotate in because I was busy crocheting a baby blanket for a friend of mine, and I felt like I was going to pass out or my heart was going to stop because I was on this antibiotic that didn't agree with me. I felt sort of bad because I wasn't myself, but fortunately I don't think anyone but Bryan noticed.

Skip and Yvonne are so awesome! We loved seeing them again after all these years. They had never met the boys, and they were actually in San Diego when Bryan proposed to me 10 years ago. Cool, huh? They've always been a special part of those memories WAAAAY back when.
My parents came over yesterday to celebrate Austin's 3rd birthday (which is actually today but I had a dentist appointment and they were going to watch the boys). They spoiled him and gave him everything a little Austin could ask for. Here he is with his new glove. Now he can play baseball the REAL way with his brother. Thanks to mom and dad for staying ALL day so I could go to the doctor. Who knows what's going on with me right now, but something's up and I'm going to find out if it takes me the rest of this year. I haven't really been "healthy" since March and it's getting tiring. Thank you to all those who are praying for me and for all my babysitters who have watched the boys while I'm at various appointments. I love you all!
1 comment:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY AUSTIN!! That pic of Austin holding the glove and ball is so cute - very Austin, indeed. What a well-rounded lil boy - musical and athletic!
- love talitha
Post a Comment