Well, it happened. My running days couldn't last forever, I guess. It started as a tingling sensation running down the inside of my left shin. It has continued getting worse, and now my whole leg feels "weird." I feel as though I have a pretty high pain tolerance, and so my leg doesn't really hurt, per se, but it just gets these little muscle pains that flare up all over. The most frustrating thing.... whether to go to the chiropractor, the doctor, or the physical therapist. Well after my chiroprator told me to take a week off (which I did), I went to the doctor and they referred me to a physical therapist and then took an x-ray (which I still do not know the results of).
So, here I am in limbo waiting to see the physical therapist wondering, how on EARTH am I going to squeeze in therapy (for even 1 day a week, much less 3) in Orange when I have two toddlers in Corona and a busy schedule? And then the "it'll heal itself" side of me says, "oh, I'll go once, they can tell me what to do and I'll do it myself." Ya, that would be the "control" side of me. So I thought I'd write my thoughts out as I wait for Monday and the physical therapy appt. Then there's the worse-case scenario side of me that wants to diagnose myself on the internet (NOT a good thing to do) and see if I have some blood clot in my leg that wants to make its way to my heart.... Don't TELL me you don't do it, too!! Bryan gets so mad at me when I look online for a medical diagnosis.
I'm just itching to get out there and run without the weird pain (or do cardio, period). My body can't be breaking down THIS young, can it? **sigh** And to think I ALMOST signed up for the OC Half Marathon....thankfully I didn't.
I know God is working through this. As a friend of mine put it, it's maybe His way of saying, "take it easy and slow down a little. Give your body a break." I'm listening, God! It could be so much worse, right? I'm thankful for a little leg pain, I guess.
3 comments:
Oh yeah - Back when I was running all the time I started to get an achilleas heel. It scared me cuz I thought I'd never be able to run again - but I took a break and luckily it healed up. I'm sure your pain will heal in time, just take it easy for awhile =)
Hey Cara:
Depending where your PT is in Orange and when you wanted to make the appointments for I would be willing to take your boys for an hour each time maybe take them to the park or the mall or something, or they could come here and play Wii..I am home a lot during the day. I'm near downtown, not too far from the train station where Brian gets off the train. Let me know if I can help. Nancy Collins
Aww I'm so sorry. :\
Post a Comment