11.06.2008

Halloween - (No Comment)

And my sister says SHE posts late... So before Halloween, my friend Sonja and I decided to bring our kids to what we thought was a local pumpkin patch. Um...not really. Turns out that everything doesn't open until the weekends - and what was supposed to open at 10am - really didn't. So we managed to still keep the kids entertained while also sampling fudge at the local fudge shop there. Amazingly enough, we were there for quite a while (thanks to our packed lunches for the kids) and had a pretty good time.

This was a cool bulldozer they had there. For 50 cents you could operate it and drag the sand into mounds. Sounds fun, huh? Well by the time you got around to figuring out how it worked, your time was up. So that's why you see me trying to help Ethan work the thing. They both just enjoyed feeling the power of operating heavy machinery I think while I was trying to master the mechanics of the thing.

A picture of the boys enjoying their apples. What is it about keeping our kids happy by feeding them? Well, I mean they were happy before I gave them apples, but obviously Austin was REALLY happy when he got the apple. Tom's Farms has great produce, too, and I didn't leave empty handed in that department!

Bryan bought a pineapple for our family the other day (since he's allergic to melons) and when he went to cut it, Austin immediately pulled up a chair. He loves helping out in the kitchen even if he's forever in your way. Well, in this case he just wanted to help EAT the pineapple. Ethan wasn't sure if he wanted any, but when he saw how Austin was attacking the thing, he wanted in on the action. I'm not kidding when I say that Bryan would turn around to throw something away, and Austin would jam several pieces in his mouth by the time Bryan would turn back to the cutting board. He knows what he wants!! We actually had to physically remove him so he wouldn't eat so much.

THEN there's Halloween. We went to our church's Harvest festival, and I got several pictures, but they were all quite dark and you can't see too much. There's an entire candy room where you can fill your bag, then go outside and play any game you want to. Ethan had fun playing games (especially basketball) and Austin had fun picking what piece of candy he wanted next. We had a really fun time. This is a picture of the boys enjoying the Fun Dip candy back at home the next day. They were all excited that their tongues were turning blue and green. Austin would dip, lick, and then bite on his candy stick. Pretty soon he had no candy stick left to dip. He couldn't figure that one out.

We went to our friends' son, Blake's birthday party. He turned 2 and they had lots of really fattening food and candy there. As I was scarfing down Doritos, the boys had their fun with hockey sticks and fake swords. Swatting things (and each other) was the game of the night. Bryan ended up running into an old co-worker who (get this) left his work in Orange 4 years ago, got married, moved to AZ, moved back to CA and into the house next door to our friends that I've known forever who live in the Inland Empire. So we go to this party and she recognizes Bryan instantly. Small world. It's amazing to me.

The boys and their new slippers. Spiderman and Elmo. Two superheroes....right? ha ha. They were in heaven when we bought these fluffy things. At first I didn't think Austin would wear his. He just wanted to hold and snuggle Elmo, but when brother put his on, Austin had to do the same. Thank goodness I didn't listen to the fact that he didn't want them in the store, and bought them anyways. If one has a pair, the other must too. I guess that doesn't just happen with twins....

No comments: