10.17.2008

Birthday Boy!

What better way to celebrate my 4 year old's birthday than a trip to Bass Pro Shops and eating lunch in their restaurant? I mean it's a dream come true!!!! It's better than Disneyland!! Well, not for me, but for my kids, seriously. And it's cheaper, right? Bryan took the day off and we all made our way to BPS for lunch and to walk around and see all the fishies including the shark that's their favorite over by the salt water paraphenalia.

This is just a weird picture of Austin. The funniest thing that happened with him was I took him into the bathroom with me after lunch and he brought in his drink. While he was waiting for me to finish going potty, he walked over to the wall, started sipping his straw, leaned on the wall with the other hand and crossed his ankle over his knee while standing up. I just about died laughing. He was trying to act like some cool dude. He did it several times because I was laughing so hard. A small part of me wishes I had it on video, but I'm not into taping something in a bathroom while on the toilet. Bummer, huh?

Who's the 4 year old??? That's right - ETHAN!! He celebrated with corn dogs and fries, while mommy and daddy split an Ahi Tuna steak and a catfish sandwich. MMMmmmm.

Yes, they have a shooting range there. Don't worry - it's all digital. Like an arcade game. I'm pretty good at it - if I close one eye. I hear that's not the way to shoot a gun, but it makes my aim better. Ethan and Austin like helping us shoot the targets and when you shoot, it makes cool things happen.

On to Ethan's party. My mom got me an adorable cake pan with individual car molds in it. They were so cute and I let each kid get one to decorate. We had gummy savers, chocolate chips, frosting, Reeses, and sour belts to decorate with. Here's a close-up of my "Candy Corvette." Not like the kids even WANTED an example, but I did one anyways.

My friend Wendy helping the kids decorate. Notice in the foreground Austin pigging down his car cake before even decorating it. That's my boy! He didn't want all the other stuff...just get it down as fast as possible. When I was saying goodbye to one of my friends, he snuck the wheels off my car that was sitting on the table. He got three of them before I caught him. Food is at the top of his brain....except at dinner time. Hmmmm... We had homemade pizza for lunch since that's one of Ethan's favorites.

Ethan with his birthday candles. I can't believe my baby is getting so big. He's so kind-hearted and caring about other people. Such a sensitive soul. Happy Birthday to my big boy and thank you to his friends that came to celebrate!

No comments: