8.26.2007

Julie Days are Here Again

We were off last weekend to Palm Desert thanks to my cousin Julie and her timeshare. The four of us girls (my cousins Janelle and Julie, Riva and myself) took time away from our families to hang out and chill in a luxurious condo in the desert. On the way we, of course, took time to shop Cabazon and sip Starbucks. When we got to the condo one suite was hotter than a sauna and the other was very cool and nice. After a slight fix from the maintenance staff to add more freon we were set for a weekend of relaxation and fun. We saw "No Reservations" which I must recommend!! It was a great movie! Thank you Julie for an unforgettable weekend!!
An explanation here: There was a praying mantis (nicknamed Manny) that hung out by our condo the whole weekend. Riva got a successful picture (see her blog). I didn't. So I got one of her taking one of Manny. Cute, huh? Ya, she is. hee hee.
Julie, me and Janelle enjoying our condo in the desert.
Me and my beautiful sister. She's having baby #3 in December and I can't wait! We still don't know what it is since he/she doesn't want to show his/her parts yet.
After our fun weekend, Julie gave up the rest of her week at the timeshare and spent time with Riva for a couple nights, then with me for a couple nights. We LOVED having her here and the two of us had a couple late nights talking. It felt like a girls' sleepover. Here she is with Austin.
Ethan actually wanted to be with Julie (or "Dudie" as he called her). I say that because he's always so leary of people he doesn't spend much time with. By the first day he was playing with her and when I asked him if he wanted his picture taken with her, he walked over and put his arm around her. WOW! My son the anti-picture boy. Now if I can get Julie to go with us to get professional pictures done, he might stay in the studio without freaking!! We had an awesome time with Julie. Thanks, Bill, for letting us have her for a week!

No comments: