Last Saturday I had the awesome opportunity to participate in the Relay For Life cancer walk for The American Cancer Society. I would have written about it before now, but I was gone all week (more on that later). The Relay for Life was an incredible event to raise money for cancer research. I can't thank those of you who donated enough! You were so generous and your kindness will be felt by so many. Below is a picture of the Luminaria bag that was made for my Aunt Lynette. At night it was a sight to see when all of the bags were lit and we all walked a tribute lap with the lights turned out, the candles burning, and the names being read over the loudspeaker one by one. It was awe-inspiring and very moving.

Aunt Lynette's luminaria bag filled with sand and a candle, which was lit at sundown.

My mom and dad came out to support me and walked with me quite a bit of the time. They really helped out a LOT and I just want to thank them for taking the time to come and be with me, along with Bryan who, just by watching the kids, helped enormously. Thank you!!

Enjoying my time off of walking. Austin is wearing a lei given to me by one of the people in the booths. Their slogan was "lei cancer to rest." Clever, eh?

Me and Lynette. I know she was watching me and supporting me in my walk. I also would love all of you to keep my cousin-in-law, Ben, in your prayers as he is struggling with another type of rare, deadly cancer. He is an amazing person and his courage is beyond measure. The Lord is truly working through him and Lisa, his wife and my cousin. I walked for you, too, Ben!
No comments:
Post a Comment