4.18.2007

Pictures?

OK since I can't seem to post any pictures tonight for some reason, I'll go into the subject that my son wouldn't want a picture of anyways...potty training. Can I just say frustrating??? I'm learning hour by hour that maybe I don't want to potty train him at 2 1/2. It seems like a lost cause. Aren't diapers easier anyways? I mean you never have to look for potties everywhere you go. I've spent several days on my hard tile floor, with the dining room table pushed onto the carpet of the living room so that if someone had an accident, it wouldn't mar the floor too badly. That is, until it seeps into the supposedly "sealed" grout when you're too late in mopping it up.
When making frequent trips to the potty wasn't working, I tried the "stay on the tile with just your undies" method. It worked a little, (except for the 3 accidents that produced buckets of liquid) but at night when I put him back in the pull-up...back to square 1. So I may seem like a quitter to some people, but after my husband came home and said "a lot of people at my work said their boys weren't even ready till about 3 - 3 1/2, I thought "why am I torturing myself just so I don't have to have two kids in diapers???" So...no more "pee pee" or "potty" for now. I just can't take it. As I tell myself about a lot of things, "he won't be in diapers when he's 18."

No comments: