Baby days are over....and NO, I'm not going to try for that girl. I always get that question. Heck, I even got it on the tram going into Disneyland on Monday...but I'll get to that day soon enough. I decided that since the boys had already figured out how to rip the door open to throw away their trash, the child "safety" locks had to go. Who better to take them out than the boys with their real screwdrivers? They LOVED this job. They were actually very good at it too. Now all I have to do is open my lower cupboards, not open, press, and pull anymore.
I've been craft leader at AMP this year (along with being M/C) and last, but this is my final time doing it. On to other things....like a second year of VBS craft head (it starts already!). For my last craft I decided we'd all do personalized clocks. This was my sample and it turned out pretty cool, thanks to dad who cut out 43 individual clock bases, sanded them, and drilled holes in every one. I couldn't have done it without him!! I got the clock mechanisms fairly cheap ($3), and bought the hands for .54 cents!! Clockparts.com is an awesome place to get clock parts.
Then we had Ethan's open house which was so fun. Our first open house as parents and it was so neat to see how he's matured this year. Preschool has been awesome for him and he had a little book that showed how his self portrait has changed throughout the year. So fun to see him blossom into an adorable, friendly, special person. His teachers have been part of that success!
AND...I'd never been to Disneyland with my boys before. Gram and Gramps have taken them before their 3rd birthdays, but since we don't have passes, Bryan and I haven't been as a family. Well, a friend of mom and dads' signed in the boys and me so we could spend the day with my parents at the happiest place on earth. We had so much fun. It was so fun to see Disneyland through the eyes of a kid again. I, also, relived my times there as a kid. Of course then there is the amazing time I had there last year on my birthday with my sis. Disneyland makes you forget your cares and really enjoy being away from everyday stresses!
Me and the boys in front of the castle.
Ok, Storybookland is SO my ideal place to play and live. Riva and I always wished we could have been turned loose in there with our barbies so we could use all the little buildings that they had set up. What a wonderland! Of course when a duck lands in front of Aladdin's village, it throws off the whole perspective, but when you're a kid, who cares??
Speaking of ducks....After receiving delicious churros from Gram and Gramps, we all sat down in a nice, quiet area across from the Matterhorn. There was a family of ducks there that seemed to not be afraid of anything....the magic of Disneyland?? Well as I BARELY lowered my churro to take a picture, it was practically yanked out of my hands by HER. She thought I was giving her the first bite I guess? After that she never stopped doing what she's doing in the picture....did she think I was offering it to her? Think again honey, I don't give up cinnamon and sugar!!
Just a cute picture of Gramps and Austin in "A Small World." We actually managed to get on quite a few rides. I was surprised the boys wanted to go on the ones they did (especially the roller coaster in Toon Town) but they really loved it! I'm sure had this been many years ago when Riva and I had these buggies that sang "It's a Small World," Dad wouldn't have been smiling. They surprisingly couldn't be fixed when the string broke....right Dad?
Austin drove me in Autopia "to the store to get me a toy." He also wanted to make a trip to get candy too. I guess I run a lot of errands with him. Let's just say that I'm glad they don't give 3 year olds licenses. "Watch the road, Austin!!" Ethan and Gram had a good old time in their car too. We broke down "offroading" and after about 1 minute, the car amazingly restarted. Hm.
This was my first time meeting Mickey. It's funny how everyone in the park is trained to be castmembers. The girl in Storybookland told the boys that Mickey was filming a movie and was in his theater all day today. Wow...didn't know that! The boys were so excited to meet him after watching him on TV. Can you see the look of awe on their faces?
I think the Jungle Cruise guy didn't believe my mom and me when we told him that my Papa made the steering wheel that his rear end steered the whole ride. I think he thought we were crazy, but allowed us to take a picture next to it....without him. ha ha! Yes, my Papa cast every one of the steering wheels on the Jungle Cruise. I know because the prototype is hanging in Ethan's room! His memory lives on!
And this is my painting teacher. She is awesome and helped me through my 2nd oil painting of my life. I learned oil painting in college, but have always wanted to get back into it. I had contemplated calling one of my professors to give me lessons, but before I called, the Lord brought this lovely woman into my life - and I didn't even know what she did for a living! Amazing, but I took advantage of that and have taken classes from her to learn more techniques. I'm proud of my painting and can't wait to hang it up in my living room.
2 comments:
fantastic painting! I love oil paints because they are more virsital than other mediums. Your boys are so grown up now. For me it felt good to not have all the baby gear to lug around. Now when we go somwhere the kids each have a small backpack! keep blogging :)
HAHAHA the duck!!!!!!!! That story is awesome!
Post a Comment