4.13.2010

Out and About

Our Easter was pretty uneventful (as far as family get-togethers go), but Ethan's preschool class had a little party the week before. We went to church at the earliest service and were excited to hear our new pastor preach his second sermon at our church. Praise the Lord, He is Risen!!

Ethan was less than thrilled with the carrots, but he ate them all (and then had them in his mouth for about 15 minutes after that). They also had egg salad sandwiches, but none of the kids were fond of those either. It was quite funny.

My friend Sonja and our kids did an Easter egg hunt in her backyard and the kids went crazy trying to find all the "hidden" eggs in the plants and on the grass. It's funny how excited they get when it's a competition. Make anything a competition and my boys are IN!

Austin's new bike. Ethan just started riding without training wheels, so Austin wanted to try it the other day. My back was killing me because I had to lean over and hold him steady for 10 minutes since he refused to let me put them back on. Let's just say he's not ready (absolutely no balance to his bod). Now he mostly watches Ethan speed by him, dreaming of his day in the spotlight I'm sure.

Our neighbor made skateboards for major companies out of his garage and he's always playing around with new ideas. We're borrowing this contraption. It makes skateboarding easy since it's a scooter/skateboard in one. It actually turns too!

We made a last minute decision trip to Big Bear this weekend to hang out with Gram and Grandad at their cabin. They had some remaining snow (still in April!!) so since we haven't been able to make it up there in the snow yet, we thought the boys would love it! They did and Bryan made them a sled run, while I tackled their first snowman. We stayed Saturday night and the boys were going to stay with GG and Grandad one more night, but it was going to snow on Sunday, so we drove back down the mountain. GG called the next day saying they had at least 6 inches that night. Amazing for so late in the year!

I had a few fun trips down on the sled. My body's not as young anymore, but at least you slide to a stop on the sled. I'm getting rickety in my old age. Sheesh.

Grandad and Ethan put together an airplane on Saturday afternoon. It was WAY more complicated than it said it was. We were all commenting that it should have said something like "for 12 and older" instead of for 6+.

A parting shot with GG and Grandad before we took off down the mountain. It was too short of a stay, but it was fun even for a day and a half. It's so cozy up there and with the snow it's a winter wonderland!

That afternoon I went to my friend Jennifer's baby shower. I had painted her a picture using the characters that she's decorating with. I'm so excited she's having a boy and it's always fun to get together, just us girlfriends and celebrate these things. It's sort of sad that I'm getting into the era where there are no bridal showers OR baby showers. I'm entering the "school stage" this fall. Where did the time go? Here comes homework.....look out!

1 comment:

heidi said...

You are multi-talented my friend! Wow... that picture is adorable:)