Being a mom is challenging....too challenging for me sometimes. See the thing is, it's hard for me to give up control. I have this horrible feeling that I'll have to go to the ER for something stupid that my kids did if I don't watch them every so often. I also do NOT want to clean up horrible messes when it's been a bad day. SOoooo... this last week I was having a hard time with the boys (well, some of it was my patience) and I was told by Bryan over the phone to just let them go outside and play while I did something away from them. Little did I know that would be the start of quite a day. The first thing I see as I'm passing the window 15 minutes later is Austin throwing sand into the pond, while our entire deck is covered in sand from the sandbox. They wanted the sand to slide down the slide with them. Ya. So I have to go have them clean all that up. Then about 20 minutes later Austin yells, "Mommy, Ethan got paint on my face." Though I may be an artist, it takes a lot for me to pull out paints for the kids because of the potential mess and lack of attention span for the time it takes to clean up. I knew there were no paints outside....and then I saw THIS...
They had discovered that their chalk was completely soaking from the rain, and decided to paint the sidewalk and themselves with it. It was like goo. Of course Ethan was wearing his brand new jeans that are the only ones without holes in them. So after we removed the jeans, I let them have at it on the sidewalk while snapping pictures of the mess. They had a blast and I let go of the insatiable urge to spray everything down with the hose.

No comments:
Post a Comment