7.14.2009

Don't Give Up on Me!!

I'm here guys! Really. A little sore from the surgery, but here nonetheless. I had to show you pics of my before-surgery month. I know - you've been waiting tirelessly to hear news from the Hill homefront. Well, wait no longer.

My friend from long ago, Caron (didn't want to say OLD) had her bridal shower last month and I was so excited to attend. I'm so happy that she found someone who is perfect for her. Today was the first time I met him and he is such a wonderful guy! We had fun and ate yummy chinese food - and Caron I must try that "favorite dessert" you were talking about. We need to get together!!

Father's Day. I know - this is really old but bear with me. Through a series of random plans, we decided to have several generations of dads to our place to enjoy a "Thanksgiving meal." I cooked turkey (a 22 pounder) without a bag for the first time (I usually use turkey bags) and I must say it was so moist and delish! We had mashed potatoes and salad (thank you Riva), bread (thank you mom) and fruit salad (thank you other mom) along with stuffing, gravy, and pie for dessert (thank you gram)! Everyone contributed to honor our dads and grandads and it was such a happy time. In the picture above Grandad was dancing to tunes with Bryan's new noise reduction headphones (which stopped working later that evening... figures since I bought them). We had such a fun time! I love all the dads in my life!

We (me and the boys - sort of) made Bryan a kleenex box with each boys' picture on one side, and their handprint and name on the other. It turned out really cute and Bryan took it to work for his office. (Doesn't that counter look so smooth and beautiful?? I still love my new kitchen counters).

Here's Ethan's side of the cube.

Mom came over and kept me company for an afternoon. The boys liked her reading to them. They always like their Gram to come over and play.

The kiddos at the beach. The tide kept coming up higher and higher. At first Austin didn't want to be out there, but soon he was waist-deep in water and didn't care. It's nice to go to the beach with someone else so you don't have all that sand, salt and mess alone. hee hee!

No comments: