5.31.2009

Graduation Day!!

The day we've been waiting for....G day... GRADUATION DAY!!! For almost 3 years we've been working towards this day. Of course Bryan and I have worked in different ways, but we got here. Bryan looked very handsome in his orange and green hood with a salmon-colored band (for Master of Health Administration). It was a warm day and the sun was at our backs (with no shade I might add). Bryan had won a drawing during a graduation open house for a free double lei, but by the time I went to redeem the coupon, there were no more, so they let me pick out a free $30 dozen of roses. Cool, huh? I hadn't put sunscreen on the boys (of course) because I was thinking about so many other things, but they didn't really burn. I don't think they sat still enough TO burn because they were so enthralled by the fact that they had 3 sets of grandparents and great-grandparents seated near them. Oh the excitement. AND their Auntie Marisa..SUCH fun.

GG, Grammy, Papa, and Auntie Marisa waiting for the ceremony to begin.

Grandad and me with the sun at our backs.

The boys were so fascinated with Daddy's "funny hat" and the fact that everyone was wearing one. Austin was pointing out Bryan in the crowd (that is, after he FINALLY saw him). Marisa picked out a great spot for all of us because Bryan walked right by us during the processional. Awesome, sister!

Bryan after receiving his diploma. They were all called up randomly in their division. You had to really be watching so you didn't miss your loved one. They just gave their name card to the professor and no one was called by the wrong name. Pretty nice, but hard to see the end of the 500 names....oh well.

Austin was loving life with Gramps. He had his water bottle, Gramps' hat, and he was set.

The family shot after the ceremony. I can't believe it's finally over (except for the fact he has to turn in his thesis the next Saturday). But that's nothing - piece of cake! I'm so proud of him.

Speaking of cake, here is the cake I did for his Graduation party. It was Hershey's chocolate with a pudding/mousse inside and iced with vanilla/almond cream cheese frosting. MMMmm. Did you notice the hand-carved graduate? Just kidding. It was a mold from my favorite cake/candy decorating store - Pila's Pantry. Along the sides are diplomas in orange and chocolate.

Here are the kids blowing their noise makers. Sorry, Riva, for getting so wet with Tyler's saliva shooting out the end of his noise maker. Had I only known.....but I guess I still would have bought them. hee hee! They were a hit. Thank you to everyone for your well-wishes, congratulations, and your support as Bryan worked on his Masters. You are all so loved and we are glad it's finally OVER!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Woo hoo and congratulations to your husband!

Anonymous said...

Congrats!! It will be nice for you to all get a break from school---seems like it took David forever. Nancy Martin